Miss Texarkana Twin Rivers Scholarship Pageant 2020 GENERAL INFORMATION: The 2020 Miss Texarkana Twin Rivers Scholarship Pageant will be held at 6 PM, Saturday, August 24, 2019 at the Pleasant Grove High School Performing Arts Center. Interview, dress rehearsal & sound check times will be sent to contestants ASAP. You can reserve your spot by emailing your official entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reserve your spot quickly so that we can plan and get a schedule out to contestants in a timely manner.
This is an Official Miss America Preliminary Pageant. The 2019 Miss and Teen Texarkana & Miss and Teen Twin Rivers (Texas Side) will each compete in the 2019 Miss/Teen Texas in June of 2019, and the Miss and Teen Texarkana Twin Rivers (Arkansas side) will each compete in the 2019 Miss/Teen Arkansas in June of 2019.
All forms necessary for entry in the Miss Texarkana (TX), Miss Twin Rivers (TX) and Miss Texarkana Twin Rivers (AR) are now available Under the Miss Tab of the website www.misstexarkanatwinrivers.org. All forms necessary for entry in the Miss Texarkana OT (TX), Miss Twin Rivers OT (TX) and Miss Texarkana Twin Rivers OT (AR) are now available Under the Teen Tab of the website www.misstexarkanatwinrivers.org.
Final paperwork deadline to entry is Monday, August 20, 2018. ALL PAPERWORK must be turned in by the deadline. E-mail your one-page application to email@example.com NOW. This will reserve your spot in the line-up. All other paperwork should be turned in by August 20, 2018.
REMEMBER: Placement in the pageant will be determined by the order in which we receive a contestant’s entry form: FIRST IN, LAST OUT RULE APPLIES. Please send your one page application/entry form in ASAP. Deadline for all other paperwork is August 20, 2018.
COMPETITION: Competition will include the following:
1) Interview: Miss contestants will have a 9 ½ minute judge’s private interview with a podium. At the end of 9 ½ minutes, the contestant will have an optional 30 seconds to cover any additional issues that she would like to comment on or clarify. Teen contestants have an 8 minute interview with no introduction or closing. 25% of Score.
2) Physical Fitness in Swimsuit and Aerobic Wear: Miss contestants will model a one-piece or two-piece swimsuit with heels. Any swimsuit, in good taste may be worn. This phase of competition is designed to see how well the contestant maintains a lifestyle of good physical health, whether she meets the public expectation of a title holder and whether or not she has the confidence needed to be a title holder. 15% of score.
3) Talent: Talent may be anything you chose that does not cause any health, fire or safety hazards to the audience or damage to the theater, and will be limited to 1 1/2 minutes for Miss and Teen. Background music must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in a MP3 format ASAP. Again, the final deadline for music is August 20, 2018. You must email us a video or mail us a DVD of you performing your talent, even if it is an instrumental or a monologue if you are NOT using a backup tape. It does not need to be professionally videoed. 35% of score.
4) Evening Wear: The evening wear phase of competition is designed for the judges to assess the contestant’s beauty, poise, grace and commanding stage presence. Evening wear may be a long or short gown or evening pants. 20% of score.
5) On-Stage Question: One generic on-stage question will be asked of each contestant. The questions are designed to allow the contestant to make an on-stage statement of her interests, opinions and aspirations. Miss contestants will answer their On Stage Question immediately following opening number.
Please note: Hair and make-up personnel will be allowed prior to the pageant, but only in a designated area. No parents, make-up personnel or hairdressers are allowed back stage during the Pageant.
DRESS REHEARSAL AND OPENING NUMBER: Rehearsal times will be announced prior to the pageant. There will be a sound check and blocking rehearsal on the day of the pageant. NO ONE is allowed at rehearsals other than the contestants and the Miss Texarkana Twin Rivers Committee members. You may want to bring a jacket or sweater to rehearsal.
Opening Number Outfits: blue jeans, a white top of your choice, colored heels and accessories of your choice. Let your creativity and sense of style show, but remember to be tasteful in your wardrobe choices.
Eligibility and AGE REQUIREMENTS: The Miss Contestants must be a resident of Texas or Arkansas, or a full time student at a college or University in the state that she is competing. Miss contestants must be at least 18 years of age and a high school graduate or equivalent by July 31st of the calendar year of the State Competition in which she competes; no older than twenty- five (25)years of age as of the last day in the calendar year of the state Competition in which she competes (December 31, 2019). Teen Contestants must be between the ages of 13 years by the first day of State competition, and no older than 17 years of age by July 31, 2019, unless she is 18 years old and has not graduated from High School. If you have any questions about age eligibility requirements, please contact Donna Berry.
ENTRY FEE: The fee to enter the Miss Texarkana TX, Miss Twin Rivers for 2019 is a $100.00 donation in your name to the Children’s Miracle Network (CMN). This fee must be paid by going to www.MissAmerica4Kids.org and registering as a new contestant. If you registered and competed last year, use a new ID to avoid confusion. Register under the title you are competing for: Miss Texarkana/Miss Twin Rivers in Texas and Miss Texarkana Twin Rivers on the Arkansas side. Set a $100.00 goal and then send e-mails out to all of your friends from the same site to let them know how they can donate and help you reach your goal. When you register, print your receipt showing you have registered. When you reach your $100.00 goal, print the receipt again and send it to us to put with your paperwork. Be sure you keep a copy for your records, also. You will not be allowed to compete without this receipt on file. If you have any questions please contact Donna Berry.
DEADLINE TO HAVE THIS FEE POSTED IS Monday, August 20,2018.
SPONSOR HOTEL: The Miss Texarkana Twin Rivers Organization is excited to announce the 2019 Pageant's Official Hotel is the Fairfield Inn & Suites. The hotel will be offering a special Miss Texarkana Twin Rivers rate of $79.00.